I came back from a week away at a conference to find a CD with my 3rd kyu test in my mailbox at work. I eyed it with a hint of apprehension. Later that night, I popped it into my disc drive and had a look.
Impressions:
1. "Man, this was longer than I remember it!" The footage lasts about 20 minutes. No wonder I was pretty winded by the jiyuwaza at the end. In my mind, there was no time. There was just the test.
2. I skipped through most of the jo techniques because I still can't face looking at them. I did see the last couple of techniques and they don't look as bad as I feared.
3. I do kind of look like I know what I'm doing. Kind of.
4. More practice.
5. I look like I'm having fun.
Thanks to one of my friends who always brings her camcorder for tests, I now have copies of my 5th, 4th and 3rd kyu tests. Something to look back on in the future. Something to learn from.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment