Yup, today it finally hit the 90s at lunchtime. Time to start running earlier in the day. I can't believe there was a time that I'd go our running in the full sun at noon when it was 95 degrees outside. It's a miracle I didn't collapse of heat stroke along the way.
Summer camp time is here, no more homework, no more school books! Hurrah! Sometimes I don't know who dreads homework more, the kids or the parents. It's certainly nice to have a break for the next 10 weeks. Part of me wants to give D a break from all things school related and part of me wants him not to lose what he learned in third grade. His teachers told me at the end of the school year, "Expectations in fourth grade are very high." Good grief! How could they get higher than in third grade? What are they going to be doing, calculus?
We have grand notions of a daily journal and a half hour of math here and a half hour of reading there but I don't think I'm going to push it any time soon.
Sometimes, summer vacation is meant to be just that: V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment