Thursday, December 13, 2007

I am a Finder

I have this knack for finding stuff - on the Internet, in the house - keys, wallets, longed-for robots. If it needs finding, I can usually sniff it out. Imagine my consternation when I spent about a half hour or so a couple of nights ago trying to find the cable that we use to download pictures from our camera onto our computer. It wasn't in any of the usual places. Not in the desk drawers, not in the kitchen 'junk' drawer, nor the garage, under any of the beds or in any of the bookshelves.

AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH!

I hung my head in defeat. No Christmas pictures to send out this year. (OK, so we haven't taken the photo yet but without the cable the effort was doomed.)

Tonight, I thought I'd try again. I put myself in the place of the cable and thought to myself, "If I were a camera USB cable, where would I hide? Where? WHERE?"

And then it came to me, like that proverbial lightbulb: I would be behind the bookshelf, hiding with the other white cables, trying to camouflage myself.

I found it, I found it! If you had been here, you would have seen me doing a dance of joy in the living room surrounded by my three guys with varying expressions of wonder, confusion and amusement on their faces.

Oh yeah, I've still got it.

No comments: