I haven't been running that much lately. I mean, I still run three times a week, but I haven't been running very far. Mostly 2.5 to 3.5 miles at a shot. On Wednesday, T and I ran the Dish. Or maybe I should say that he ran the dish and I ran/walked it. Those hills! Oh! Those inclines! I'm pretty sure that's about a 4.5 to 5 mile round trip.
Today, I thought I'd go out for a continuous longer flat run. Right along my usual weekend path from days of yore, along the creek and into the regional park nearby. I decided I'd go for 40 minutes and try not to stop running - 20 minutes out and then 20 minutes back.
It went well. The weather was gorgeous - sunny, with a little breeze, temperatures in the low 60s. I figure that I kept about a 10 minute mile pace, maybe 10:30. Definitely not fast but not slow either. I felt good and pushed myself the last quarter mile. My heart rate when I finished was 162.
I'm thinking about running Bay to Breakers again this year. It's the third Sunday in May, which gives me just under two months to get ready. It's doable.
Next week: 45 minutes straight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment