You might have some of these: tasks that you've been meaning to do for a long time (weeks, months, even years) and just don't seem to get around to because (a) they're no fun at all, (b) they involve getting really dirty or (c) both. Well, I checked three of those off the list today:
1. Clean out refrigerator. That funky smell finally got to us. M started the job off by clearing everything out and I finished it off by giving the insides a good seeing to. There was some dried sausage in there from 2003! It wasn't covered with mold but, somehow, I still don't think I could bring myself to eat it. Out!
2. Wash cushions on glider. Oh dear, dare I confess that we've never washed these in the entire seven years that we've owned the thing? OK, I confess (cringe). I did my best impression of a grape stomper in the bathtub while washing them out because they just don't fit into our washer (hence our excuse of never having done this before). You don't want to know how dirty the water was but they are oh-so-clean and fresh-smelling now.
3. Do some bike maintenance. My poor bike! It's been years since I gave it a cleaning. Today was the day. A couple of hours later, I had a cleaner bike and a much dirtier yet happier me.
There is something deeply satisfying about cleaning up, isn't there? Maybe not while you're doing it, but definitely when you're all done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment