Sunday, October 21, 2007

Curatrix, Thy Name is Sloth

Oh boy, one week of NOT a second of organized exercise (besides chasing the kids around, of course) and I can see how easy it would be for me to slip back in to my old sedentary lifestyle. Time for a leisurely lunch and a chat, what a novelty!

Oh so tempting.

Thank goodness I've got a full schedule planned for next week. Monday, back to running with the guys. Tuesday, back to aikido. Wednesday, time for a nice fall bike ride. Thursday, heading to the main dojo for class with Sensei. Then comes a three day conference which will probably mean no exercise again but I should be back to being hooked on endorphins again.

But what about today? It's already 4 pm. Game 7 of the ALCS starts in an hour and a half. Boston had an absolutely brilliant night last night and has tied it up. You know I'm going to be on my couch watching this game so that pretty much puts 5:20 pm onwards out of the running. M is working on the fence . Does vacuuming the carpets, hanging up laundry on the line and putting away groceries count as exercise? Hmmmm. 'Cause if it doesn't, I really need to get out of this chair and into my running shoes.

No comments: