Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Swim Therapy

I was tired when I was driving to the pool tonight. Somehow, I knew that once I got in the water, it would all be ok. I don't know how far I swam, I was in the water for something like an hour. Breaststroke, free, a teeny bit of back. Concentrating on my breathing, then my arms, then on kicking. Clearing my mind and just trying to swim as quietly as I could. Don't make a sound. Try not to splash. Be one with the water. Just like in aikido - blend. Channeling Dory from 'Finding Nemo': "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming. Swimming, swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do, we swim!" Come on, lungs! Come on, legs! It's just me against myself. The minutes flew by even though I'm really not a fast swimmer.

I looked up and it was time to get out, get dressed and head home.

No comments: