Sunday, September 16, 2007

Bitten by the Bug

The triathlon bug that is. It started innocently enough: running three times a week, then I thought I'd get back in the pool because the summer was so hot and running at noon was sweltering, then I started riding my bike back and forth to aikido class and the pool instead of driving and coughing up the parking fee each time. Next thing I know, I'm surfing the web, looking for a triathlon to do.

Found one: See Jane Tri - all women, non-competitive, SHORT - 400 yd swim, 11 mi bike, 3.1 mi run. Better yet, the site is only a half hour drive away from home which means that I can get up relatively late for the 8 am start. Yeah, I'll be up at 5 am, but I think that will be nerves.

Oh, and it's two weeks away which means that I've been squeezing in biking, running, swimming and aikido into my weeks that are already full with work and family. Thank goodness I've got M backing me all the way. Wouldn't be able to do this without him. I think he secretly harbors this fear that I'm going to be trying for longer distance tris after this. All in good time, I think. Maybe when the boys are a little older. I want to see how this first one goes. I might hate it. Then again, I may love it.

I'm excited.

No comments: