Friday, September 28, 2007

Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I Love You, Tomorrow

Eek! It's here. The triathlon is tomorrow. I've been on the East Coast all week and the flight back last night was delayed four hours which meant that I didn't get home till 2:30 am today. I took the day off work, got some sleep during the day and made my checklist of stuff. Tuesday night I had my first anxiety dream about the event: made it to the swim start but didn't know where my shoes or my bike were and my running shorts fell in the water. I did manage to get a couple of short runs, a single swim and two aikido training sessions (which I do want to blog about, but not in my current state of mind) in while in Princeton (lovely campus, by the way) so I don't feel completely unprepared. But still...

Let's see, my bike is on the car, ready to go, tires all pumped up, brakes checked. Helmet is in the back seat, check list is on the dining table along with the rest of my gear. I'll wear my swimsuit.

Just checked the weather. It's going to be in the mid-50s. Oh baby, the water is going to be cold. All the better to swim fast(er) in, I suppose.

Time to sleep.

No comments: