Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Back to Normal

Yippee! I'm back on the mat and today was a good day to be back. Nice sized class - 7 guys , 2 girls. Nice mix of techniques - some throwing and rolling, some pinning and shoulder cranking stretching. More throwing and rolling. A preview of a nasty kotegaeshi high breakfall (which I have yet to try but am secretly dying to - maybe I should choose slightly different words).

The test is not going to happen on the 30th but that's ok. With the week off due to sickness, I need more time anyway.

The sloth has been banished. The Red Sox are in the World Series. The family is healthy again. I'm giving a talk at a conference on Saturday and it's ready to go. Life is good.

Got to savor this moment.

2 comments:

Scott Zrubek said...

I love the big kote-gaeshi and sumi-otoshi breakfalls. I can't wait to get back to doing them in, I hope, a couple of weeks.

uchi deshi said...

Here's what I was told about learning high falls - you just gotta do them. They look scary, and at first they are, and as you relax, they become easier and easier. But you just gotta do them.