Gray, dreary. Who was it who sang "Rainy days and Mondays always get me down"? Oh yeah, Karen Carpenter. She had something there.
It's been raining a lot here in the Bay Area lately. Last Friday it was not just a little drizzle. No, this was solid rain throughout the whole day. Rain across the bridge, rain on my car, on the road, outside my office window, on my face, my clothes, my jacket.
Rain everywhere. Dripping, pouring, spitting. Wet, wet, wet.
If I was in Manila, I'd still be stuck in traffic, with 5 lanes of traffic going in one direction and one going in the other. Water might be up to the middle of my car door and I'd have to keep one foot on the accelerator to keep the exhaust pipe from filling with water. Gutters would be full and overflowing. I'd see trash floating in the streets.
Boy am I glad I'm here where roads drain reasonably well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment