So I've been hitting the wall in terms of thinking of new things to blog about. Good thing I had the day off today in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr. and that D, my older son, had it off too.
This afternoon, after a morning of me working on the computer and him coloring away in his room and then watching way more TV than I should have let him watch, he looks at me and says, "Mama, I know what we can do and it's not TV or computer games." Then he leaned in close and whispered in my ear, "Let's cook together." Now, do I have a sweetheart on my hands or what?
We had a blast making chocolate chip cookies, measuring out the ingredients, mixing them up and rolling the dough into balls. Savoring the fruits of our labor with a glass of cold milk rounded out the experience. Then he said, "Let's snuggle, Mama."
What self-respecting mommy can say no to that?
I don't know how long he's going to want to snuggle with his mama but I'm going to take advantage of every opportunity he gives me. All too soon, I fear, he'll be pulling away and wanting to go his own way.
As M came home from work, we were rocking out to Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. His request: "You Wreck Me." Atta boy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment