Thursday, May 31, 2007

Obsession, You're My Obsession

Bay to Breakers is done. Where do I go from here? Well, the natural progression of things would point to doing a half-marathon, now wouldn't it?

So I'm searching for a race that will fit my novice status. With that in mind, I homed in on one that has 2800 ft of climbing and descending. A little overambitious. (You think??) Alright, I'll lower my expectations.

Again I run into a dilemma: there's the Lake Merced Half-Marathon at the beginning of September that's 3 x a 4.5 mi loop. There's also a Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon that goes around downtown San Jose - a rock and roll half-marathon in mid-October. Which one to do?

Occam's Razor to the rescue in the form of T.

"Do both of them."

----
And, no, I haven't dropped out of aikido. It's just been busy at work so I've gone to once a week for the past three weeks. Next Tuesday, Doran Sensei teaches and that's always a good class. Last time around, I even got picked to be uke (! - v. exciting) for one teeny little technique. Still having a great time throwing, falling and getting up again, and again, and again.

1 comment:

Johnny O said...

Hi - not sure how I stumbled upon your blog - but I enjoyed reading your posts. I too, as a Dad am balancing my time and family time. Keep up the good work with your cholesterol!
- JohnnyO
http://fatherhoodmatters.blogspot.com