I have a big smile on my face as I write this.
For Mother's Day, I sent my Mama the list of reasons I love her that I posted a while back. I thought she would like it. I didn't know how much she would like it. Last night, I checked my email to find a nice long letter from her. I'll just quote a little bit from it:
"...your e-mail was the best I ever got, whether for mother's day,
birthday or whatever day. It comes straight from your heart. I LOVED IT!!!"
I also got this from my dad:
"I wish I had been able to write something as touching to Mutti."
Mutti is my dad's mother, my Oma. She passed away about six years ago.
This got me thinking. We pretty much assume that our parents know that we love them. Some of us tell them those words when we see each other or when we speak on the phone. But do we tell them why? I know that I haven't enumerated a list like this, well, ever.
Do it. Whether you write it down in a letter, in an email, on the phone, tell your parents what it is about them that makes you happy, grateful and proud and makes you smile. I loved writing that list and the one for my dad too (guess what he's getting for Father's Day?). I promise it will make their day, their week, their month. The sooner, the better because, as you know, life is short.
Just do it. You too will have a big smile on your face.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment