My brother is moving closer to us! A new job has brought him to these parts. Today, he drove about 660 miles in just over 1o hrs to get from Idaho to CA. Needless to say, with that kind of drive between us, we haven't seen each other much these past few years. With four of us here in CA and five of them there, it just seemed like a logistical miracle to get us together once a year. Now, he and his family will be living just a 30 minute drive (weekend traffic conditions) away. Hooray!
We fought like crazy when we were little, as all siblings do (at least I think so). Then when we got to college, we got along much better. Finally, I moved away to go to grad school and I think that distance did make the heart grow fonder. We're really good friends now and I'm very much looking forward to seeing him and his family more often. Part of what I've missed, living here in the U.S., is having family close by. That has just changed.
Got a smile on my face. Life is good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yes, life is good! Can't wait for the rest of the fam to get here, it took them long enough, and I'm not talking about the 10-hr drive :)
Post a Comment