Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Seven Random Things About Me

Whee! I've been tagged by bonggamom for my very first meme. Hers and her tagger's revelations are juicier because they reflect takes on the Seven Deadly Sins. Mine's a little more low key. I'm not ready for sensationalism just yet. :) So, without further ado, here are they are, random but true:

1. I love to read and I read very quickly, especially when it's a gripping story. I've been known to barrel through an average-length novel in 2 hours.

2. I refuse to watch horror movies, even the really cheesy kind, whether they're on TV or in the theater. Why tempt the possibility of nightmares?

3. I don't swear out loud. Ever.

4. I earned a first degree black belt in ryukyu kempo karate, testing just over a year after my older son was born. That was six years ago. I wish I remembered more.

5. I've been a fashion model and a biochemistry lab instructor, though not at the same time.

6. I find cooking therapeutic. This dates back to my grad school days when experiments failed without fail. Cooking was a sure fire way to get a desired positive result.

7. When I moved to the US, I didn't know how to operate a gasoline pump. It's really no excuse but, where I grew up, all the stations are full-service. I have since figured it out.

I know I'm supposed to tag seven other people but, I don't know that many other bloggers! Guess the buck will stop here.

1 comment:

bonggamom said...

Great facts! I don't swear out loud either, except when I hurt myself or spill something, and P----G I-A sometimes comes out by accident. And sometimes at night when I use the foulest language imaginable just to make Alfie laugh.