Thursday, April 12, 2007

Reasons I Love My Father

I made a list about my Mama because I'd been thinking about her and anticipating her visit this summer. It was inevitable that a similar list for my Papa would follow.

Here are some of the reasons why I think he's cool.

1. Because he learned Latin in school and taught me the roots of lots of common words. "What other words can you think of that have the word 'aqua' in them?"
2. Because he's got this dry sense of humor and tells the same old jokes over and over to new audiences, who love them. Or groan.
3. Because he can't cook takes wonderful photographs 'of quality and distinction.'
4. Because he taught me to love sports by playing them with me.
5. Because he can probably still beat me at tennis.
6. Because he can't really carry a tune and still sang to my boys when they were babies.
7. Because he's got a great laugh.
8. Because even after all these years living in the Philippines, he still has a German accent.
9. Because he taught me how to ride a bike.
10. Because he's adventurous.
11. Because I've never seen him and my mom have a serious argument.
12. Because he's always punctual.
13. Because he taught me how to read a map and still trusts a map over a GPS system.
14. Because he loves his work.
15. Because he can wiggle his ears. (And so can I!)
16. Because he makes the best vacation plans.
17. Because he can sleep anytime, anywhere.
18. Because he can speak and understand Filipino but pretends not to and gets away with it!
19. Because he'll always be my hero.
20. Because I'll always be his little girl.

No comments: