Just enough time for a short run today so I decided to make the most of it by running some hills. To call it a hill would be generous, I guess, it was really just the road by my house that runs over an interstate so there's a slight incline that rises over about 250 yards. Ran from my house to there, up and down four times. On the fourth time down, I spotted a woman on a bicycle pedaling very slowly up the hill. I thought to myself, I wonder if I could beat her up the hill? So I decided to try and ran up one more time - and I did pass her! She gave me kind of a wry smile as I passed her again on the way down.
Granted, she wasn't on a road bike and she wasn't really putting her whole heart into getting up the hill, just looked like she was out for a little ride. Nonetheless, it gave me a little confidence boost. Oh, it's so easy to make me happy. I coasted back home and my half hour workout was over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment