Tonight it is just the four of us. Melanie has gone to visit my brother and his family. My parents arrive tomorrow night for a two week visit and I'm taking the time off. I'm so very much looking forward to seeing them since we haven't been together in a year. But it's nice to have this little break, a chance to catch our breath, a chance to blog!
Time to wash sheets and towels, rearrange furniture. Time to plan what to do - all those things that I've put off for vacation time are coming around. Then it will be time to chat, time to show off the kids, time to show Mama and Papa the places and routines of our daily lives, time to just sit and enjoy each other's company and conversation. My mom and I will cook together and shop together and talk about what good books we've read lately. My dad and I will drive and he'll comment on how nice the roads are and how little traffic there is. M will talk politics with them and we'll all get all riled up together. We'll drink many bottles of wine. Papa will take lots and lots of photos of the boys and the pictures will capture their naughtiness perfectly. We'll take the kids swimming, probably head up to Napa or Sonoma. We'll celebrate my birthday and Mama's birthday. There will be lots of laughter and smiles.
I can't wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment