This week's menu included: knife thrusts and overhead stabs, sword slashes and jo partner practice. Very fun. I love the sound of the staffs clicking against each other and the swoosh of the jo as one swings it through the air. There's a certain feeling of strength and confidence in being able to handle a weapon correctly. Not that I'm saying that I can handle one correctly yet, but I do like the way they feel. Does that make me bloodthirsty? I don't think so. I hope never to have to use any of these techniques but it's good to know them.
As I'm writing this, I'm sitting at the airport, waiting for my flight to Chicago. The first one was canceled and I've been rebooked on a later one. Good time to blog. This trip may see a spike in posts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment