My vacation is almost over. My parents leave tomorrow to go and visit my brother and his family. It's back to work on Monday. The kids go back to summer day camp and day care. Back to our old routines. Aside from our three day trip to Pt. Reyes, we've stayed home and had a grand old time of it. I finally got to do some of the things that have been bugging me for months, if not years. Cleaning out the garage, sorting through the boys' old toys, getting rid of or donating baby stuff, and alphabetizing the books in the bookshelves (KIDDING!). But seriously, it felt good to just be home, not having to worry about any agenda or driving or sitting in traffic, a chance to hang out with the folks and share our daily lives together - kiddie tantrums and all. Sure I exercised less and ate more than usual, but that is definitely part of the holiday spirit.
I like to dream of a Hawaiian vacation or a ski trip or a journey to some place I haven't yet seen, but this time, the comforts of home were just the thing. There's something to be said for enjoying what you have.
And, yes, I have finished the book. Thursday morning, 12:22 am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment