It's time to channel my inner Martha Stewart again. There's something about the chill in the morning air and it getting dark just past 5 pm and that lovely feeling of warmth when stepping inside the house when it's cold outside that makes me just want to fire up the oven and bake something.
On Monday, I tried to make cinnamon rolls for the first time ever. YUMMY! With the Internet at my disposal, I found a recipe that looked easy enough. D (who had Veterans' Day off) and I were as happy as clams mixing up the dough, rolling it out and punching it down. There's nothing quite like the smell of cooking or baking wafting through the house to really make it feel like a home. Aaaaaaaaaaah. The result? A big thumbs-up! I will be making these again.
For next week, I'm going to attempt my first ever pumpkin pie. I've been baking apple pies for years and I love them but I haven't quite conquered my fear/dislike of that traditional Thanksgiving dessert that M does love - the punkin pie. This is the one I'm going to make. Already, I'm hopeful because there is no clove (ick) in the recipe.
Then it will be time for Christmas cookies: peanut butter kiss cookies, oatmeal raisin, chocolate chip. All the more reason to keep running.
Now I'm hungry.
Time to go raid the fridge.
Friday, November 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment