Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Stop the Clocks!

Forget about moving the clocks back one hour, can we please just stop them for about 48 hours so that I can catch up with all the stuff that I want to get done before the holidays?

I am NOT ready for the Christmas season. Jeepers! It seems that no sooner did the Halloween decor disappear from the stores that the Christmas supplies came out. Wasn't there supposed to be a break for Thanksgiving? Where's all the turkey and pilgrim paraphernalia? Walking into a Target store or a mall these days is enough to send me into a fit of panic.

1. Parent-teacher conference with D's teacher next week.

2. Bake pies for Thanksgiving. I'm probably safe doing this on Thanksgiving morning because I'm not cooking the whole meal this year. Will be experimenting with new recipe - should probably make tried and true pie#2 just in case all goes to hell.

3. Shop for M's birthday present. T minus two and a half weeks till the day. I know what to get, just need time to hunt it down and go buy it.

4. Get ready for 12K run. Today's Dish run just KILLED me. Running with a bunch of rabbits, er, new members of running group who are disgustingly fast, will do that to you. I haven't felt so humbled while running in a long time. Sigh.

5. Shop for Christmas presents. Must not forget teachers and little give-aways for extended family that we haven't seen in two years. Must be done early this year because of trip home that starts mid-December.

6. Have family Christmas picture taken. We won't be able to do this on Dec. 23rd like in years past because we'll be in another country! Why do I have visions of our addressing Christmas cards at the airport just like we did about 4 years ago?

7. Christmas cards!!! Forget about an annual letter, that's the stuff dreams are made of.

8. See list of to-do-things with about 200 items on it at work.

9. All the other things that I'll remember still need to be done. I'll be remembering them in the middle of the night and then I won't be able to get back to sleep.

Is it any surprise that I'm running around frazzled all day? Maybe I need to start meditating.

NO! No more new things.

--------------

At least not till the New Year.

No comments: