Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Run-niversary to Me

One year ago, on Thanksgiving Day, I put the turkey in the oven and decided that this was the day that I was going to start running.

Today, I went for an anniversary run to celebrate a year of running. In that year, I have gone from not being able to run more than a minute at a time to finishing a half-marathon in just over a two and a quarter hours. I've run in one 12K race, done one sprint triathlon and that half-marathon. I've lost about 15 pounds in that time and gotten my cholesterol levels down from scarily high to normal. I'm getting really close to breaking the nine-minute mile barrier.

Most of all, I've proven to myself that, if I put my mind to it, I can do something I didn't think I could before.

I can make time for myself.

I can conquer the Dish.

I can run 13.1 miles.

I can.

And I will keep going.

1 comment:

bonggamom said...

Congratulations -- you are awesome and and inspiration to us all!