Saturday, November 24, 2007

The Joys of Childhood and the Cold Weather

We're in Tahoe and there's wireless in the room. With a free moment, it's time to blog. Just a wee bit. Am I hooked on this or what?

The weather outside is gorgeous. The sky is blue, the sun is shining and it is 37 degrees F. Last night it got down below 30. Yowza! I can't remember the last time I've felt so cold. My last winter on the East Coast was in 2001. It's kind of invigorating.

The kids are having a blast. They've seen Santa, watched the tree lighting ceremony, gotten all kitted out for the cold in layers upon layers of clothes. They've been in the lovely, heated outdoor pool. ("I'm the greatest swimmer, Mama!" said my little P.) Their noses have gone all red with the cold and the teeth and chins have chattered.

Today we are going to take them snow tubing and then ride the cable car up to the top of the mountain! Yes, SNOW! They are so excited, and, because of that, we are too.

I'm getting dirty looks. (Why is she blogging?) Time to go.

No comments: