You know you've got them. If you're a girl and you're of a certain age (ahem), you've got a pair of pants or two, a skirt or maybe a dress or maybe all of the above that you LOVE, LOVE, LOVE but that don't fit you anymore. They used to fit you perfectly, ten years ago or before you had your first kid or when you were in college but they don't anymore. You can't bring yourself to throw them away or donate them to a charity because "Someday, these may fit me again." You live in hope that the day will come that you will be able to dig them out of your closet and wear them out of the house. Just being able to close the zipper and buttons but not being able to breathe doesn't count.
I've got a skirt that goes in the beyond hope category. It never fit me. My best friend L sent me a bunch of clothes about four years ago and, bless her heart, I think she had this slimmer, curvier vision of me that didn't quite mesh with reality. But they were cool clothes. So I saved the ones I liked best and gave away the rest. Since losing weight doesn't happen without actually doing something, that skirt has sat in my closet and waited. And waited. And waited. Every so often, I'd be going through stuff to give away and I just couldn't do it.
Tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock.
Today, at long last, I wore it to work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment