The boys have been playing quite nicely with each other these days. Kicking the ball around in the garden, playing catch, even attempting pitching and batting. What a tremendous relief to have that as opposed to crying, hitting and shouts of "Mine!" "No! Mine!". Oh, there's still plenty of fighting but it seems to be diminishing. And there's plenty of love too. They give each other hugs when they say goodbye at D's school in the morning and, at the end of the day, when they reunite. When one of them gets in trouble, the other is immediately protective and sympathetic. "You're the best big brother." "I love my little brother." Makes a mother's heart sing.
I love to watch them interact. I love to watch them play. I love having dinner with the whole family and watching them eat well. I love watching them sleep. When all the energy and action of the day has melted away, what remains are the sweet faces that still have a hint of the adorable infants that they were and a foreshadowing of the men that they will become.
What paths will they choose when they grow up? Where will life take them? It's much too early to tell. All we can do is try to set a good example for them on how to treat others and how to take care of their planet. We give them three gifts that money cannot buy: our love, our support and each other. I hope that will be enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment