Saturday, April 14, 2007

Running Solo

Three of my last four runs have been on my own. I don't like it as much as running with other people but I'd rather run alone than not at all. The HUGE benefit of having someone else with you is the conversation and the motivation. When I get tired and feel like walking, having a friend beside (or ahead of) me makes me keep on going beyond what I think I can.

When I run alone, it's music that keeps me going. I still get tempted to stop and, sometimes, I do, but a steady beat, catchy lyrics and the memories that come with listening to a favorite song go a long way.

Here's some of what's on my banned iShuffle right now:

Audioslave 'Show Me How to Live'
Green Day 'Basket Case'
Blondie 'One Way or Another'
Alien Ant Farm 'Smooth Criminal'
Folk Implosion 'Natural One'
Mika 'Grace Kelly'
Beck 'Loser'
Ted Leo and the Pharmacists 'A Bottle of Buckie'

Getting peckish. Time to hunt for a good Mexican place.

No comments: