This past Saturday, M and I watched a recap of an Ironman Triathlon on TV and I thought to myself: "These people are insane!"
Cut to that night and my inner musings:
Maybe they're not so insane. I wonder if they have shorter triathlons?
Google to the rescue. Yes, there are shorter triathlons! Super Sprint, Sprint, Olympic.
Hmmmmm. I couldn't run very far before, now I'm getting ready for 12K. I can ride a bike but I haven't biked long distances in ages. Not to mention the fact that my bike hasn't seen maintenance in years. Not to mention that it's not a road bike. I can swim but I've never really swum more than 50 m without stopping to catch my breath. But if I could conquer the running demon, why couldn't I do something like this too?
Where would I ever find the time to train for one? I am insane. If that isn't a pipe dream, I don't know what is. Got to go, I think I hear the paddy wagon on its way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You are an adrenaline junky extraordinare....it's a slippery slope, is it not?
Love,
M
Correction; that would be, "extraordinaire", and "junkie". before you nail me on it ;-)
at least I spelled slippery correctly......
My ex had never swum more than 25 meters in a lap pool when we started going out (over a decade ago), and now he does these Ironman triathlons all the time. Of course, he was already a world-class runner, competing at national and international level :) But the point is, you can do it!
BTW I went to the Dish today for the first time in 2 years... I think I'm at about week 1 or 2 of your Dish post!
Bonggamom, maybe someday... Want to join the insanity?
Go, go, go to the Dish! It can be a friend, though it certainly starts out as a foe. I'm learning to love it.
Post a Comment